U.S. President Donald Trump threatened on August 17, 2026 to bomb Oman if the Gulf state obstructed American negotiations with Iran, according to the Financial Times and BBC News.

Trump made the threat during an appearance on Fox News, the BBC reported. He warned that Oman would face military action if it "gets in the way" of the U.S.-Iran talks.

The Financial Times said Oman had been engaged in separate discussions with Tehran before Trump's remarks. Those talks centered on a provisional arrangement to govern the Strait of Hormuz.

Trump also told Fox News that the United States maintained a communication channel with Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The Guard Corps denied that any such channel existed, the BBC said.